Snowmobiling Trip

Well I went on my first major snowmobile trail ride of the season yesterday. We took our sleds up to Millinockett Maine and headed out. It was unreal in what we encountered. From nice smooth groomed trails to ones where we were hitting 100 mph. In fact for those of you that have been up to Baxter State Park, you know where I am talking about. In the winter they close the road going to Baxter and that was where my sled hit 100 MPH for miles at a time. It was just great to open them up a bit and stretch their legs after a long summer.

We even had trails that had 14 inches of virgin snow with no signs and no other snowmobile tracks, and partway through the day ended up standing on a vista and seeing for miles around. We even saw some moose. Other highlights and lowlights was hitting some really rough trails that jarred my back and my brother rolling his sled (although it was at low speed thankfully.)

We did get some video footage of our trip up lookout mountain. If you take THIS LINK you will see that it was very cold on top of lookout mountain (zero degrees out and blowing 40 mph). I am not sure what the windchill factor was, but I can tell you it was pretty chilly. I am not so sure how clear it comes out on the video clip, but the wind was howling up there. Ray also got his machine stuck up there, along with mine, but it was still worth the trip there. It was real cold loading up our sleds though after 10 hours of riding and 215 miles of riding, and trying to get bare fingers to tighten down the sled covers for the trip home.

Overall we had a real blast and saw parts of Maine I have never seen before. Northern Baxter Park was one are in particular and it was just great to get out and have some fun. Of course my back is killing me from hefting on Ray's sled, but I have a great message theripist that can take care of that.

Take care and enjoy the pictures. I realize for most of you seeing the pictures in 70 degree heat is far better than seeing the real thing at zero degrees and blowing forty!!

Snowmobile Trip

Lookout_Mnt_Group-462x353.jpg

Looks like fun Travis!

February 16th, the LOML and I are going to a retirement get together for a guy I've worked with for 30 years and 2 companies. We will doing a similar thing in Yellowstone Naitonal Park.