New Year, New Plans

Ned Bulken

OK all, in a concerted effort to climb out of the holiday funk Ive been in for a couple of months now, I'm going to use the new year to re-boot myself so to speak. I really hate resolutions, but these sound a lot like them, so I'll call them what they are.

My shop still isn't 'finished' according to many of us (myself included), but until at least May, I really don't think a whole lot of progress is going to happen out there, unless we get a heat wave and I've got some money in my pocket.

My wife and I agreed that the house and the studio need to take priority over just about everything except the kids and work (and I'll include my lodge duties in work). To that end there might be some chilly sawdust made, but it will only be to start trimming out the windows on the house and getting ready for a major kitchen reno this summer.

On the studio front, my newest photographic tool, the D300S is now residing in its own camera bag, along with the two flashes I received with it.
I've set a goal that I'll take at least one artistic shot per day, then photoshop and upload the same to one of my blogs bi-weekly. Trying to get the creative juices flowing photographically. I shoot 100's of images per week, but theyre all for the 9 to 5 job. These will only be on the Nikon and only for portfolio building. At the same time, I'm going to get the ball rolling for my DBA, tax numbers etc.. so that I can start advertising and booking for my new wedding and portrait business. Which Hopefully will mean that I'll be busy this spring/summer/fall with that kind of work. Since were moving in 1.5 yrs, I need to get that business up and running in case my regular job doesn't have an opening for me in VA.

On the personal front, count me in on the 'weight loss' crowd. I'm heavier than I have ever been, so the LOML and I are going on a serious weight control program. She's losing weight to help ease her diabetes, I'm losing weight so I can be around for her and my family. Updates as the milestones happen. Diet & exercise under a Dr's supervision.

See you on the boards, but I'll be honest, this is an activity I may be cutting back on.

Sounds like you have your priority in order Ned. you know my feelings on these - spouse, family, health. The rest is icing. Stick to it.

On the personal front, count me in on the 'weight loss' crowd. I'm heavier than I have ever been, so the LOML and I are going on a serious weight control program. She's losing weight to help ease her diabetes, I'm losing weight so I can be around for her and my family. Updates as the milestones happen. Diet & exercise under a Dr's supervision.

Check out www.sparkpeople.com it truly is an incredible, amazing, useful, inspiring and FREE tool to help make the life changes you need to make to successfully rid yourself of un-needed weight

Good For You !

Sounds like a good plan Ned. It'll be hard work but you can do it :thumb:

Don't get sidetracked, and let people help when you need it.

Happy New Year !

Check out www.sparkpeople.com it truly is an incredible, amazing, useful, inspiring and FREE tool to help make the life changes you need to make to successfully rid yourself of un-needed weight

Kalea,
interesting site, lots of good information, but Man are they Spam-happy I couldn't believe the sheer volume of email they generate! I found it quite telling that they have a 'don't ever email me again' box on their email control panel.