Thread: Pez collection

Pez collection

This is what my wife and I made our grand daughter for Christmas We made 3 of these shelves. Each one holds 76 with a grand total of 228 pez dispensers. I didn't do too good on the characture painting, I'm usually better than that but she was still thrilled. So far she has 1 shelf completely full and starting on her 2nd shelf. After seeing this collection and seeing what all is available heck I might even start my own collection. LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0994_1.jpg  

That's cool, Virgil. Did you make the acrylic rack parts or find a source for them pre-made?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Really cool!
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Thank you,
    We made the shelves out of lexan because we have a lot of extra peices from previous projects. We searched all over the internet for ideas and everything and couldn't find anything to suit our fancy. So we designed this one. It's nothing more than a peice of 1/4" lexan with an 1/8" spacer then another 1/4" peice. All the ones we found on line to get to one in the center you would have to remove all of them in the row. These you can remove any that you want to. Here is a pic with them on the granddaughters bedroom wall.

guess the pic my daughter sent is just too large and I can't get it any smaller LOL maybe this pic will give you more of a clue
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1003.JPG  

Way to go Virgil and Mrs. Virgil! Collections just become piles of "stuff" unless displayed or shown some sort of "worthiness". I would hate to think of the Pez dispensers I had as a kid and just threw away cause I thought of them as worthless junk. Very nice collection and great way to display. Just a thought. While you remember, knowing collectors, that collection is going to grow. Might as well build another and set it aside. While it is fresh in your mind and you can duplicate the work, build her another one for later.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Jonathan, LOL, already prepared. I did a full scale drawing with all measurements and jig fixtures to produce at a later date. I can't believe some of the pez dispensers from the 60's are worth up to $1200.00 and like you I knew I had some of them.