fine example of global warming??

But you gotta realize that without global warming, it would probably be 20 below zero... Al will take care of the global warming as soon as he's finished with the repairs and fixing all the problems with the internet....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What a bag of goods this global warming stuff, he is again nothing more than a snake oil salesman and people are buying it!!!! The desert centuries ago was a sea, we learned that in school decades ago, climate changed then also. Now I am not saying we should spew all poisons into the air, but man what a load of manure. -9 here today. Funny he doesn't speak of this in the winter months!

no need to fertilize the world with stuff! we cant control it, some will believe all and all believe some. pick your amount and wait and watch what happens..

i just got done checking the temps at the north pole. ol' al says the the ice cap is melting. now he can add altering physics to inventing the internet to his credit. because the ice up there is melting at 14 below zero...:rofl::rofl::rofl: one would think it would have to warm up up there another 50 degrees before ice would melt:dunno:, but ol' al knows better...:thumb:

at least the car started this morning. :D

2 years ago when we had record snow. Something like 10 feet through February and temps well below freezing all winter a lady wrote a lenghtly letter to the editor of our newspaper after 1 day of above average temps as proof of global warming. :eek:
If our buddy Al is so concerned about global warming than maybe he should fly the regular airlines instead of his private jet.

I don't know what the right answer is on the whole global warming thing, but I do know as a world population we are putting more garbage into the land then the land can handle. Just something to think about, but I'm thinking about woodworking.:dunno::dunno:

We have had “global warming” since the Little Ice Age over 10,000 years ago, when much of the northern hemisphere was covered with ice. This, allegedly, was caused my a slow down of the Gulf Stream. When the earth warmed up, animals like the Wooly Mammoth became extent. Did cavemen cause this global warming?

In recorded history, the world has experiences “Mini Ice Ages”, or, I guess – “Global Cooling”, as the result of massive volcanic eruptions that spewed ash into the air, blocking the sun, and causing temperatures to drop.

Laki (Iceland), in 1783 caused record low winters in the eastern US.

Tambora (Indonesia) in 1815, caused an extremely cold spring and summer in the US and Europe, causing summer snowfall in the US and Europe. Crops were destroyed by the cold which led to famine across the Northern Hemisphere.

Krakatau (Indonesia), in 1883, caused unseasonably cold weather.

Mt. St. Helens (Washington) caused a .10º C drop in global temperature.

Pinatubo (Philippines) in 1991 causes a temperature decrease around the world.

In addition to the ash that was ejected, various toxic gases were also spewed into the upper atmosphere, effecting the ozone layers, causing a greenhouse effect, and causing acid rain.

The globe warmed up after each of these incidents.

It all boils down to –world weather patterns are going to change naturally. HOWEVER, man made krap that we dump into the air and on the earth can’t help. So I do what I can to not pollute.

Last edited:
So I do what I can to not pollute.

Conservation, and good stewardship are honorable goals. Using one square of toilet paper is just idiotic.

Its about control and money, nothing more. As Chuck says, the climate changes whether we are here or not.

-29*F here this morning. I don't really feel like driving to work.

I was a weather guy in the Air Force and was a member of the AMA, the American Meteorological Association.
As such, I attended meetings and lectures about (wat else?) weather. It was commonly accepted there are weather patterns, 5 years, 50 years, 500 years, etc. 'Stuff' happens and changes.
But, OTOH, a polar bear drowned in my farm pond this morning. :rofl: :rofl:

There was a real good write up on Farmers Almanac about this earlier. I can't find it now, thought I had it bookmarked. 40 year cycles are what they are saying. Even had some covers from Time and such mags from the early 60's, talking about next ice age. I tend to believe someone who has been keeping records since the late 1790's rather than Big Brother.