Dovetail and bow saw kits

I got myself this dovetail saw kit and bow saw pins and plans from Gramercy tools as my Christmas present.

I'm not going to make them right now because lately I'm not in the proper frame of mind not to make a mess with them.

Dominic, as you already made one, any hint or trick that you can give me will be appreciated as well as any other coming from other members.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• s01.jpg
    s01.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 36
Hi Toni,
I built one of those dovetail saws a couple of months ago and made the handle out of walnut (with an oil finish). The instructions were quite good, the hardest part for me was getting the blade started into the brass back.

As for the finished product, it is a just a tad hard to start but then cuts straight and fast. I am quite pleased with it.

Did you get the special bit for screwing on the nut?

Hi Toni,
I built one of those dovetail saws a couple of months ago and made the handle out of walnut (with an oil finish). The instructions were quite good, the hardest part for me was getting the blade started into the brass back.

As for the finished product, it is a just a tad hard to start but then cuts straight and fast. I am quite pleased with it.

Did you get the special bit for screwing on the nut?

Hi Charlie, yes I did, does it work well?

Exciting project Toni, best of luck with it. I will follow along to learn. Its one thing i need in my shop a decent hand saw. I would also like to make a bow saw. Oh the list just gets longer.:D