You want some tools?

So the other night a family friend asks me if I want an old table saw. Naturally I offer to come and look at it. Well he calls me and says come and get the stuff. Stuff? Man we got 4-6 inches of snow coming, I can't unload stuff tonight. Well off I go, now or never. Get to his house and down in the basement we go. Here is what he GAVE me. Some good, some well you tell me.

IMG_3913.jpg

Homier brand 6" needs new blades for sure. Will give to my brother in law, if I can get it to work.

IMG_3915.jpg

Rockwell/ Delta wired for 220. What am I going to do with this? At least all the parts are there.

Congrats on the goodies. The jointer looks like it should clean up nicely...same with the saw.

The lathe looks like it might be some work. Looks like the tool rest is broken. Those can be bought or made pretty easily. It also looks like it doesn't have a Morse taper on the spindle or the tailstock, so it might be tricky finding parts that will attach to it. (I do see you also got a drill chuck to go with it, though.) It'll probably work fine for spindle turning, but it might be hard to equip for bowls and such. Still, it could be enough to get someone sucked into the vortex. :p

Congratulations for the haul, now your friend is happy, you are happy, your brother will be happy so what else can you ask for?.

Steve Southwood;198340 Rockwell/ Delta wired for 220. What am I going to do with this? At least all the parts are there.[/QUOTE said:
You can change the motor if the rest of the parts are OK, or you can send it over here, we have 220V single phase in Spain:D

Hi Steve. While searching the net for info on my Rockwell 46010 lathe, I came across this post.
Did you ever find any info on this? I found a parts list but no manual. I did get a live center for the tailshaft.
Here is a pic of mine when I got it last year.
dsc00053dj.jpg

The jointer looks like a prety good example of what Tom B. was looking at last week. His was in horrible shape, though, and that one will clean up nicely.

The old tablesaw would make a really nice 'dedicated dado' saw, too.

Dunno on the lathe - maybe ship it off to Larry?:D

I've got a small tablesaw like that up over the top of a cabinet. Grandpa bought it new and it is better made than many such saws today. I keep threatening to build it into an outfeed table, fixed at 90* with the motor mounted below, to use as a crosscut station. Still hasn't happened but, I haven't rebuilt the outfeed yet either so, there is still hope.

You guys do realize this thread is over 2 years old, right? ;)

Pete, I'm no help with the manual, but I do like the stand that's under your lathe. :thumb:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::thumb: I dunno, Larry Did allow spinny tools in his shop recently... maybe he's slightly more amenable...

1. Doh, no I didn't.

2. could be a human powered lathe if the power goes out, a la Roy Underhill
There's a bit of 'dredging up old threads' going on lately... not a bad thing, we've shared tons of good info on here back in the day.

The jointer looks like a prety good example of what Tom B. was looking at last week. His was in horrible shape, though, and that one will clean up nicely.

The old tablesaw would make a really nice 'dedicated dado' saw, too.

Jim, you are right. I would love to find one like that. If this thread wasnt two years old I'd be giving Steve a call.

Hey, a guy needs to keep the free stuff close to the vest.

I did find a manual of sorts on line, if I remember right. Not much help. Basically said turn it on and make round stuff. So simple Larry could do it.