Freud DD508

Have a chance to trade some stuff for a brand new SD508 dado blade. Not sure if it will work with my Ridgid 3650 or not. Basically it's 125.00 or the trade. What do you all think?

Got one on sale for $150. Been using it for quite awhile ( a year or so?). Really like it, no complaints at all.

Attachments

• BB-ply-dado-test-1.jpg
    BB-ply-dado-test-1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 16
am not sure if this one is the 6" version or the 8" but i have the 8" version and its done me very well. and in my opinion well worth what your telling us ,,but they do set in the drawer alot till they are needed.

Thanks everyone.

I made the trade. Traded some truestone pen blanks, a few smaller things for pens and a pen drilling vise I had. Being how I sold my lathe to get out of pen turning they weren't going to do me any good anyway.

It is an 8". See any problems with my 1 1/2 hp saw with this or any other problems?

Some folks are stalled by not being able to run the whole stack at once. You may or may not be able to. The maximum width you can run is whatever you can get on your saw and still have the nut fully engage the threads. You don't need your usual outside washer that you use with a single blade.

I find running the dado a bit small and making two passes to be less bother than shimming for an exact fit anyway so I am not really sure if I can get the whole stack on my saw or not. I use the same technique when using the router for dados :thumb:.

glens idea of running it at smaller than just right size is good if you have a short arbor:) and if not its still a good way to sneak up on a fit..when ever you can unlaod something you dont use or need to get something you do is always a good deal.. and a big ATTAH boy for gettin away form the spinny vortex now start looking at planes more there nice to you and arent the least bit addictive or expensive:):rolleyes::rofl::rofl: