Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday So what are your weekend plans

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

It's Friday So what are your weekend plans

I almost forgot to put this one up.
    Gonna be in the 70 all weekend. Shop tomarrow. Church Sunday Morn then back in the shop. So what are your weekend plans,
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Going to cut a hole in my roof, and finish the basic install of my new fireplace. Hopefully get my wife to pick out what stone veneer she likes and get started on that as well...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Get the light boxes and display booth out of the shop and make room for the DJ-20 I just bought. (used) Pictures next week.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

in my stores basement, I have an inch or two of sewer water, its very unique odor is a real eye opener.
    seems the guy next door had his main sewer line go and his 8 inches of sewerage in his basement is leaking into mine through the holes in the foundations, lovely.
    so Ive been wading through the black water, making sure my woodworking I have stored down there is safe, and dumping clorox into the mix. tomorrow I will begin pushing as much black water as I can into the drains, its really exciting.

I would say what I am doing but last time I did I caught some...........well........... HEY ROB HOWS YOU SHOP LOOKING (diversionary tactics)

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Niemi View Post
    I would say what I am doing but last time I did I caught some...........well........... HEY ROB HOWS YOU SHOP LOOKING (diversionary tactics)
    Still working on the Kitchen Cabs Huh Tom..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    Still working on the Kitchen Cabs Huh Tom..
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Going to cut a hole in my roof, and finish the basic install of my new fireplace. Hopefully get my wife to pick out what stone veneer she likes and get started on that as well...
    If she's a libra like mine, you'll get a decision sometime in July...

I'll probably stay in and not do too much... it's only going up into the 20's tomorrow and Sunday.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

LOML has a birthday party or something to go to so I'm hitting the shop as much as possible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Nothing, Grandsons' birthdays (boof-um) but rest is deticated to snow removal and flat tire fixin' Artic Blast came in, SWMBO ran over a curb in the snow and busted a sidewall called me at work to come out into the evening's cold to change her tire in windy freezing temps. I could have said, "Start walking, by the time I get there, you'll be home" BUT I'm not Stupid (I don't care, really I don't... she reminded me that in 42 years that was her first time... Make it your last) Snow removal not too bad either, it is so cold and dry, I blew 6" of the powdery snow off the drive and sidewalk with a leaf blower, I have a really good snow blower, over at my son's house...

Working in the evenings installing high tech computer equipment in shool classrooms after hours when the boogers are away. Really neato stuff. No more black boards, no more white boards, electronic "Smart Boards" Kids will be so smart, intellect will drool from there mouthbreathing lips... not regular drool as we had back when, but intellectual drool. Yeah Progress

A sweet little old lady in a bait store in Alabama, (many moons ago) once asked me, "Can you W r i t e ?" with such sencerity and concern as it oozed from her southern plantation drawl... I look at all the equipment and computer goodies these kids have at their disposal and I often think of her words "Can you Write?"

And Oh Yes!.... Don, you can stick that 70s temperture over here where the sun never shines
    Last edited by Bill Simpson; 01-08-2010 at 11:20 PM.