Mirror

Bill McQueen

Hi gang,

I want to make a tri mirror bathroom cabinet with three mirrors. The middle stationary and two that would fold out. I'll be completely candid why I want it. Being I'm on a fixed income I can't afford Hair cuts anymore and I live alone, so no help there.

I want to see the back of my head to do it. I had a tri miror cabinet, but I moved. it was an apartment so I couldn't take it with me.

Size is not critical as I have got quit a bit of mirror. I have some piano hinges. I'm looking for some plans. to help me out. I'm disabled and can't work for long periods of time so plans would help me get it done faster.

Thanks Bill :)

( I just found out I'm 61. I been telling everyone I'm 62, I Will be in Feb) now I have to live that year all over again. What a drag.

I don't know of any plans offhand Bill, but if you let us know the dimensions of the space you're looking to fill, I'll bet some of our resident Sketchup artists could help come up with something. We've seen group designs on other cabinetry projects around here, I don't see why we couldn't on this one, too. ;)

The space I'm working with is 32x32.

larry merlau as far as the size of my head it varies depending if your saying something good about me it's quite large then . :D

Actually I think it's grown because my hair doesn't cover as much of it as it did before. Most is on the back where I can't see.

pps. I'm not a Raw armature woodworker, but not seasoned either, partially cooked burnt in a few places.\

Bill

Last edited:
Another thought. Take your tape measure and pad and pencil to the borg. Tell'em you need the measurements to make sure it will fit. They may even have brochures for you to take home. It's easier to take of plans from that much information. We'll help.

Another thing. Do you have the mirrors yet? If not, check Habitat for Humanities ReStore stores or thrift stores. They may have what you want for way cheaper than the materials. If may be good enough to use outright, or you have a rehab/refinish project.

Another way to skin the cat and save a little.

Last edited:
Don that drawing simple as it was was inspiring. Did you do it? I just couldn't seem to get my head around were to start, that helped a lot thanks.

Carol. I'm not understanding (blog).
also I mentioned in the original post I had mirror, but thanks for the tip anyway.

This medcine cabinet it going to sit proud of the wall not built in. I'm going to make it out of pine because I'm going to paint white. Probably 2 to 3 shelves.

I guess piano hinges would work the best? After I build the case I'll make three frames , rabbit the back to except the mirrors. I just might get her done!

THANKS BILL :D

Good to see the ideas have started rolling, Bill. :thumb:

...Blog stands for Big Old Retail Giant. and refers to the big retailer like Home depot and Lowes...

Actually, that's Borg, not Blog. Even though you both had the question wrong, the answer is right. :p

Enough you Guys, You got me laughing at myself, I'm getting farther and farther out of the loop as I crawl back into my wood space, which is now so cramped you can't fall down. Blog , sog, lol, man what happening, if my lift were that abbreviated I would have been dead years ago.

It like Cagens ( who I like) they speak that broken French. They never finish a word. Went trucking down there once and thought my CB was broke!
cb....never mind. :dunno:

Heres is something to ponder on.

If thr fisrt acd laet leters are rigyt, yu cam figyer oht whet anybudy is swyimg.

Is that helpful or not I know the way I spell it helps me.

Now look what you have done you got ME 0off the subject, Tri fold mirror medicine cabinet.

Thanks Bill

Enough you Guys, You got me laughing at myself, I'm getting farther and farther out of the loop as I crawl back into my wood space, which is now so cramped you can't fall down. Blog , sog, lol, man what is happening, if my lift were that abbreviated I would have been dead years ago.

It like Cagens ( who I like) they speak that broken French. They never finish a word. Went trucking down there once and thought my CB was broke!
cb....never mind. :dunno:

Heres is something to ponder on.

If thr fisrt acd laet leters are rigyt, yu cam figyer oht whet anybudy is swyimg.

Is that helpful or not I know the way I spell it helps me.

Now look what you have done you got ME off the subject, Tri fold mirror medicine cabinet.

Thanks Bill

I finally found some plans and downloaded them. It calls for those expensive European hinges. What could I substitute those with.

Thanks Bill.

ps I know your getting board with this so it's the last question and we'll let the sleeping dog lye.