Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey you kids, Get OFF MY YARD!!!

Hey you kids, Get OFF MY YARD!!!

They are back at it again!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails getoffmyyard.jpg  
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Looks like you need to do some fence mending..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Or make glue!

I think it'd be cool to find mustangs grazing in my lawn. Your topic heading made me think of this pic...

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I still find it odd every now and then to walk by a window and just see a herd of horses out on the front lawn...

Not too many real fences out here. Technically, our property is on 'open range'.

There are some bands of estray horses that roam the neighborhood. Technically, wild horses are horses on blm land. Horses that nobody owns that hang out on private property and indian lands are 'estray'.

The lady across the road used to feed them 3 times a day, until another neighbor got fed up and worked with the indians to round them up and take them off to market. I think she said they hauled off about 70 that time. So far I count about 2 bands of horses now with about a dozen horses per band.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    I think it'd be cool to find mustangs grazing in my lawn. Your topic heading made me think of this pic...
    That's some serious firepower!

It is kind of cool. Just have to keep aware when they are around. They are a little skittish around humans, but they wouldn't think twice about kicking in the head of a foolish little rambunctious labrador retriever

brent, if I looked out my front window and had that view, forget the horseys, I dont think Id ever get anything done. That is an incredible view, a beautiful picture, the light snow coating, incredible man, just incredible, actually makes me feel good.

I look out my front window - all I see is houses across the street, squirrels and those bloody crows.
    Rod

Sarnia, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    brent, if I looked out my front window and had that view, forget the horseys, I dont think Id ever get anything done. That is an incredible view, a beautiful picture, the light snow coating, incredible man, just incredible, actually makes me feel good.
    Every time I go outside and look at the view, I thank god for how fortunate I am for however brief a time I'm able to be here to see it. The wild life we have here is just an extra bonus!

Now, I just need to get me fat but up the hills in back everyday. My preferred form of exercise, as the view from higher up is even better...

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    And people ask me why I left New Jersey to move to Idaho.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com