Norm Online

If you really think about it, its like looking in the mirror when you watch those first shows. Starting out with either old or inferior machinery and gradually upgrading to newer and better machines along with our skills improving and tackling tougher projects that require us to learn new skills. I think thats what the appeal was and still is.

That is amazing. His shop looks so 'empty' compared to the later episodes..

And to see him banging out the mortise with a cheap chisel and a framing hammer! Priceless!

i dont have the capabilites to do this but some of you have, it would be nie to get this copied on a dvd or two if its not here already, so those that want to see them could at a late date. i for one missed alot of his shows, it was on cable but not regular tv. and would like to see the whole series once..

Anybody catch the tennis shoes. I think that is what got me the most. Norm in tennis shoes.

It is really great to watch these old videos and see how far he progressed. Like him or not, it was a good show.

If you really think about it, its like looking in the mirror when you watch those first shows. Starting out with either old or inferior machinery and gradually upgrading to newer and better machines along with our skills improving and tackling tougher projects that require us to learn new skills. I think thats what the appeal was and still is.

Hey Alan thats exactly what i thought when i saw it. Snap.:thumb:

I think the rerun of the whole series will be really great to watch to see what he came from reminds me of my own shop and my learning curve.

It keeps you realizing Rome was not built in a day when you see guys that have a real nice setup it did not all arrive federal express.

That was really nice to see. Thanks:thumb: