Welcome Mike Robertson

Nancy Laird

I'd like to put out an official welcome to our friend Mike Robertson, who just joined FWW recently :wave: :wave: (at my urging, by the way). Mike is a master pen-maker :thumb: --he turns about 25 different kits and over 100 different materials, and they are all gorgeous. I have one of his lanyards in bocote hanging around my neck as I type this, and use it constantly at work. Mike and his wife Rita are great people (as are ALL New Mexico people), and I'm glad that we are gaining a presence on this board with the Lairds, the Robertsons, Bruce Page, Jesse Cloud in Placitas, and any others I may have missed.

Welcome Mike - breakfast at Mimi's Saturday?

Nancy

Thanks for the flowers!

Hi and thank you all for the warm greeting. Especially thanks for all the kind words from Nancy. I would hardly call myself a master pen maker, I do enjoy it though. I've seen Nancy's pens and she aint no slouch herself, she does a great job as well! Oh, by the way Nancy, you HAVE to see the Dakota Burl pen, it's, well, ummm, errrr, well it's just "different". I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it on the lathe project showcase.

Thanks again all!

Mike

Thanks Rennie, hey by the way can my avatar borrow your avatar's book when your avatar gets done with it?

Mike

Watch it Mike and Rennie - there are cat lovers on this forum. We may have to give you a cat scan!

Nancy
Hmmmm......

Sounds like there could be trouble.

Mike - He's a slow reader, might be a while.
Nancy - Would it help to say that my wife, son, and two daughters are all cat lovers and between them they have 7? Must I still be scanned?

New avatar

Rennie, You can avoid the cat scan only if you get rid of the book! Either that or I'm going to write one about "102 Uses for a Dead Dog.":rolleyes:

Nancy
OK, how's this?
DSCN0932.jpg

However, I really liked the one with the book....it might just creep back into my avatar someday :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Tastes Like Chicken.....

Or at least that's what I heard....

Mike

Nancy, I know, I know...I'll pay for that at breakfast right? Oh, and by the way, just how do you keep your avatar at that other forum from eating this avatar?

Last edited:
Or at least that's what I heard....

Mike

Nancy, I know, I know...I'll pay for that at breakfast right? Oh, and by the way, just how do you keep your avatar at that other forum from eating this avatar?

Tod: get set for a cat scan. You're in big trouble ;)

Rennie: Now that the book is gone, maybe you can add in another one "How to Talk to Your Cat."

Mike: You will pay for that one! The avatar at SMC lives IN the house; the avatar here lives outside - and the twain shall never meet. The other avatar isn't even my cat--I need to take a picture of the 21-pound doorstop and post it here.

Nancy