Massive Home Depot Sale tomorrow 1-12

Just for the record, I made it to Home Dump and looked for the items they were to sale, what was left (1). I picked up the Milwaukee slider, for $299. Got to thinking about it and put it back. Everything else was sold except for the display of the Mil slider.

Steve, that was a great sale. I got one of the last Rigid portable (450lbs is portable??!!) granite top table saws that were being clearanced out in the Detroit area. :D:D Currency exchange, bridge tolls, and Canadian taxes bringing it home and it was still less then half price compared to the local Canadian store. Almost got it set up.. big change from the '50s era contractor saw I have.

I checked at my nearest Home Depot, and didn't see any of the sale items in stock. I was interested in the little Ryobi 4.x volt combo, primarily for the headphones. I guess it wasn't meant to be. :rolleyes:

Thanks anyway for the heads-up. Steve.
thumb6.gif
(Special Steve Southwood Edition Thumbs Up Smiley)

Saw ??? I don't see no stinking saw.:D:D:rofl:

Ok, you asked for it.. :) The instructions leave a bit to be desired, as the puzzled look on my son's face testifies to, but we made it eventually.

Attachments

• P1040332.JPG
    P1040332.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 36
  • P1040335.JPG
    P1040335.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 39
  • P1040355.JPG
    P1040355.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 37
  • P1040356.JPG
    P1040356.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 43
Thanks Vaughn, so far I'm impressed with it, but then I've only had time to make a few practice cuts.

Just curious, how close is "close enough" in relation to trueing the blade to the mitre slot? This one is very close, but it is out a bit.

Brian, I have that saw and it is a good one. Really good for the price you got it for. Not that I want you to leave, but go to the Ridgid tools forums and check out the upgrades those folks have done to them.

Vaughn, love the limited edition smiley. You know, one of these days, I going to change that picture. Problem is that's about the best one I have. :thumb: