New to me Delta DJ-20

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I've been talking here for a few months about upgrading my 6" jointer to an 8". I came very close to pulling the trigger on the Griz 4090X a few times but just could not do it.:rolleyes: Sometime procrastinating is a good thing!:rofl:

I found this on Craigs list. A local cabinet shop was shutting down and liquidating. Not a bad deal at $750!:thumb: He also had a 37" wide belt sander. Sorry Larry, just not enough room in my little shop.:rofl:
DSC_0008.jpgDSC_0007.jpgDSC_0009.jpgDSC_0010.jpg

The tables need a little work to polish them up and remove some stains. I tried some 1000 and 1500 grit paper with a block and it works well but very slow. Any suggestions from our pro-restorers out there?:dunno:

Last edited:
Don't consider myself professional but I use wd40 and a green scotchbrite to start and then switch to a ras with 220, 320, and then some 30 micron. The micron paper is left over from my the days when I use to do solid surface. Depending how stubborn the stain is you might want to use the scotchbrite on the ras with an old pad and wd40 first.

Oh by the way SweetDeal.:thumb: Almost forgot to mention I was concentrating on the rust removal.:doh:

Last edited:
Congrats, Rennie. Of course you know this means most of the good lumber deals you find the future will involve 9" or 10" wide lumber, right? :p

Question on the stains...do they affect the operation of the jointer or is it just an aesthetics thing?

Congrats, Rennie. Of course you know this means most of the good lumber deals you find the future will involve 9" or 10" wide lumber, right? :p

Question on the stains...do they affect the operation of the jointer or is it just an aesthetics thing?
Mostly aesthetics and my own personal OCD. I bought some additional 1000 grit paper and I'll work on it a little this evening. Not looking for a mirror, just want it REALLY smooth.:rofl:

BTW, I passed up some really nice 12" wide boards just yesterday.