Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Signing my work

Signing my work

A while back there was a thread asking about autographing/signing your work. I know there was some people talking about using a branding iron device.....I didn't comment about my upcoming disks made by FW member Tom Hempleman.

Tom is an old friend to Keith July and I, we hired him to do some laser engraving on a bar we built in the spring/summer of 2005.

A friend of mine designed a new logo for my woodworking and cabinetry business (branching off from my residential building business) and I sent that idea on to Tom, who made some disks for my review.

I know Keith has also used Tom for some disks.

Today the disks arrived and I am more than pleased....since my last name is Ash, Tom will be making the wodden disks out of Ash, that way there is always a piece of Ash in every project I make.

Thanks Tom...I appreciate your efforts.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    They are all great. My perswonal favorite is in the first picture buttom right.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Great idea, Steve! I'm just trying to figure out why I didn't think of something like this.

I would love to have something like that for my work. How much for the disks, if you don't mind me asking. And also where does a guy get em made???
    I once heard that cats and women will do darn well what they please and that men and dogs would do well to accept it and just go on.

Those look real good Steve

Sweet. I like the bottom right too, brass I presume. Nice design.
    Jim

Very nice Steve...Good looking. Great idea!!

Glad you liked the samples, Steve. The ash sheets arrived today and I'll be making your disks tomorrow - should be on your door step by Friday.

I was a little concerned about mentioning these disks since I am a newbie at Family Woodworking - didn't want to engage in crass commercial promotion or look like I was using this forum just to drum up business. However, if anyone is interested in these disks (or other shapes), just let me know. They can be made from various types of wood, plastic (many colors), cork, leather, and some metals. The price varies, depending on the material and quantity requested - usually $1.25 to $2.50 each. If you don't have a logo, I'll design something for you. Most woodworkers prefer the round disk because they can use a forstner bit to create a depression in a flat surface and drop the disk in for an inlaid look.

OK. End of commercial.
    Tom Hempleman
    www.wildwoodhill.com

Hi Tom, and welcome. You're not placing a crass commercial promotion, you're offering a valuable service at reasonable cost. Thanks for coming.
    Ken

quess i know what will be next

instead of having a business card being left on the saw when i have a visitor, i will have a wooden nickle hey mr templeton,, i told steve that he should adjust his spacing on the wording,, loks like a double space in between wood working and cabinetry.. he didnt understand and i explained it to him later might help the appearnce,,see i look at type spacing all day, and get to make things look better.. just a helpful hint steve. glad you in luck again..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!