A little photo show for Allen......some photos not

of Long Island.....

A coworker retired 3 years ago. As luck would have it they held his retirement dinner in February in West Yellowstone, MT. They invited me to attend and I caved in...........

g1.JPG

IIRC Madison River - Yellowstone National Park....Feb. 2007

Last edited:
Close but no cigar

Steve..there's 9. The two at the far right....you see the one head that it appears to be laying down.....well that body to the right isn't it's body. It's another elk and it's head is behind that tree. So there is actually 3 in that group that appears to be 2.

Last edited:
Great pics, Ken. :thumb: Any objection to making this into the "Photo Show for Allen" thread?

It ain't Yellowstone by any stretch, but here's a shot taken about 1/4 mile from my house...

Big TJ Rainbow -JD 800.jpg

Allen,

You said you wanted a little winterscape?

Okay...here's from a mountain ridge...in December 2008.....looking down on Governor's Bay.....

As I was straddling this ridge....Governor's Bay was to the right.....Christchurch, NZ was to the left.......

gb1.JPG

And the next morning.....testing the engine before takeoff

et.JPG

Last edited:
And.....here's the one we were chasing across the Canterbury Plains.....

b1.JPG

These were in December 2008

And... a NZ tree farm....
tf1.JPG

Garry,

Late January to early February would be my preference to see the winter scenery. There are some really nice places to stay in West Yellowstone, MT. Nice motels with attached restaurants. The tours will pick you up at your motel. The tours are not that expensive. There are several. My wife raised a flatlander, hates winter travel. She was with me on this trip and her only regret was we couldn't stay a couple more days to take all 3 of the major tours. Our day long tour in the snowcoach (a transformer really..it's tour bus in the summer) was $95 per person IIRC. That didn't include lunch. It was a full 9 hours long and the drivers are as much tour guides as drivers. We learned a lot on the tour! The snow coaches are comfortable.

So...back to NZ...

Did I bore you with the fact that our youngest son and his wife sent my wife and I to NZ for 11 days for our 40th anniversary which was Christmas Eve of 2008?

Here's a friend I met in a class in Milwaukee `10 years ago. He and I are employed by the same company. We were viewing Governor's Bay.

two friends.JPG

So here's the end of the balloon ride:

40th (2).JPG