You know your a woodworker when

I have used CA as a bandaid a few times. Not for Shop accidents, but rather Kitchen incidents! :thumb:

Same thing, right? Sharp tools, wooden cutting boards?

When your watching the movie Avatar and the scene when the big tree comes down and all that goes through your mind is how many board feet you can get out of a tree that size :rolleyes:. Wife looked at me and thought that was going through my mind.

you know youre trying to be a woodworker when :
you join a site of woodworkers and you can have 100 replies regarding drawer slides and still find it all interesting, informative and educational.

and I cannot go anywhere without looking at the underside of furniture looking for the joinery used. It embarrasses my wife sometimes.

Sell your shotgun to buy woodworking tools.

That is as sacrilegious as a cowboy selling his saddle! :eek:

Let's rephrase that to say, You know your a woodworker when,,,,,,,

you buy old shotguns with cracked or broken stocks so you can make them new again!! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: (in the event you wondered why my new woodshop has a gun bench in it!):thumb:

I just don't know bout you wood working type:dunno:
Wasting good glue on a flesh wound. Spray it with carb clean wrap it with duck tape if you must and get back to work.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Walked into the house to refill the squirt bottle for my sharpening station. My wife asked me what I used it for. I told her it was for spritzing my stones in the garage. She almost snorted the soda out her nose, oh so close.

:D

You know you're a wood turner when you almost run off the road looking at the cut trees laying beside the road, trying to figure out what they are and if they would be good for turning.

or

you see a tree on the side of the road that no one wants, you buy a chain saw and go back and cut it up to take home. (BTDT)

When your watching the movie Avatar and the scene when the big tree comes down and all that goes through your mind is how many board feet you can get out of a tree that size :rolleyes:. Wife looked at me and thought that was going through my mind.

That's funny. I was actually thinking how many guitar back and side sets I could get out of it and wondering what the wood looked like.

When I was a kid probably about 10 or so I was helping my Dad level his shed/workshop on its foundation. We were using a car jack to raise one end so we could put flagstones under under it. The jack slipped and the shed landed on my hand. After he got my hand out the first thing he did was give me a shot of whiskey and stick my hand in turpentine :eek: Probably would be called child endangerment today :rofl::rofl:

when you get discharged from the hospital after a week, the discharge papers are read to you and you have to sign that you understand them fully.so the discharge nurse reads each line and checks them off as you go over each line.
ACTIVITY
Bathing-yes
showering-yes
driving-yes
walking/indoors-yes
walking/outdoors-yes
stairs-yes
s*x-yes
return to work-yes

Discharge Medications:

"uh, before we go over my meds list", I speak up abrutly,"can I substitute the s*x activity ok with wood planing and jointing?
should have seen the look on the nurses face.

should have seen the look on my wifes face.

when my wife goes off shopping tomorrow, I will sneak out and plane down and do some jointing on the white oak or ash Im going to use to build the makeup vanity. Gonna plaster and paint the hallway ceiling, so I need to get some woodworking in to keep my sanity.I was out there today skip planing some planks and the warden came out and dragged me back inside.

Last edited:
"uh, before we go over my meds list", I speak up abrutly,"can I substitute the s*x activity ok with wood planing and jointing?

should have seen the look on my wifes face.

when my wife goes off shopping tomorrow, I will sneak out and plane down and do some jointing on the white oak or ash Im going to use to build the makeup vanity. Gonna plaster and paint the hallway ceiling, so I need to get some woodworking in to keep my sanity.I was out there today skip planing some planks and the warden came out and dragged me back inside.

Can't keep Allen out of the shop! HA! :rofl: :rofl:

while I was there I drew up my sons bed plans. Maple and walnut, although the white wood might be oak, and the panels might be the mystery wood, he hasnt decided. and were waiting to size it up. Ill probaly ask Dan N to draw it out for me when Im ready.

..."uh, before we go over my meds list", I speak up abrutly,"can I substitute the s*x activity ok with wood planing and jointing?

should have seen the look on my wifes face...

So I'm guessing you have a cot or other sleeping arrangements out in the shop? :p Or are the bed plans really for you? :D

Walked into the house to refill the squirt bottle for my sharpening station. My wife asked me what I used it for. I told her it was for spritzing my stones in the garage. She almost snorted the soda out her nose, oh so close.

:D

That made me laugh out loud, :rofl::rofl::rofl:I can imagine the whole situation tipycal from the American Dad cartoon:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited: