You know your a woodworker when

Or you can't keep yourself from going by the local cabinet shop's dumpster at least three times a week to see if there is anything of value (depending on your definition of value!). My wife won't hardly ride with me if I am traveling that direction for some other errand. She gets all embarrassed while I "shop", but she expects me to be quiet and behave as she takes at least an hour to look over the bargains at the after-Christmas sales ... and then doesn't find anything she likes. :huh::huh::huh:

Or you can't keep yourself from going by the local cabinet shop's dumpster at least three times a week to see if there is anything of value (depending on your definition of value!). My wife won't hardly ride with me if I am traveling that direction for some other errand. She gets all embarrassed while I "shop", but she expects me to be quiet and behave as she takes at least an hour to look over the bargains at the after-Christmas sales ... and then doesn't find anything she likes. :huh::huh::huh:

my wife learned 36 years ago that I don't like shopping..:thumb:

When I was a kid probably about 10 or so I was helping my Dad level his shed/workshop on its foundation. We were using a car jack to raise one end so we could put flagstones under under it. The jack slipped and the shed landed on my hand. After he got my hand out the first thing he did was give me a shot of whiskey and stick my hand in turpentine :eek: Probably would be called child endangerment today :rofl::rofl:

That's an old school remedy... I jumped off a log in the garden when I was about 6 landed on a board that had about 6 nails sticking up... my mom pulled the board off my foot, sat me down and pored the wash basin full of kerosene... We were good southern Baptists at the time.. so I didn't get any whiskey.:rofl:
over my childhood, I've soaked in enough "coal oil" that chances are you could light me like a lamp wick. :D:D

Guilty of sawdust in the coffee,

You know your a wood worker when you use a chisel to remove a splinter then make a cut twice the size of the splinter and wrap it with a rag and keep working.