Lee Valley Digital Height Gauge

Rob I love all Lee Valley stuff, but there are much cheaper and just as accurate ways to achieve height measurement than this.

My question to you would be do you have all the other tools that are essential to woodworking already and are you merely looking for another gadget cause i would consider that first if i had "free money".

Dont get me wrong, i did the similar thing before i joined the forum and benefited from some wise words here. Then i got to thinking about tools and now i start with make my own first cause its fun and then buy what i cannot make or really need next. Then comes nice to haves.

My feeling is more and more of these tools are targeting the accuracy of machining metal yet we are dealing mostly in wood which moves greater than the precision with which we can machine it.

Just some food for thought.:)

Rob I love all Lee Valley stuff, but there are much cheaper and just as accurate ways to achieve height measurement than this.

My question to you would be do you have all the other tools that are essential to woodworking already and are you merely looking for another gadget cause i would consider that first if i had "free money".

Dont get me wrong, i did the similar thing before i joined the forum and benefited from some wise words here. Then i got to thinking about tools and now i start with make my own first cause its fun and then buy what i cannot make or really need next. Then comes nice to haves.

My feeling is more and more of these tools are targeting the accuracy of machining metal yet we are dealing mostly in wood which moves greater than the precision with which we can machine it.

Just some food for thought.:)

I would side with Rob on this one Rob. Ok now that was weird saying Rob twice in the same sentence.