Thread: simple paint stirring paddle

simple paint stirring paddle

Needing to stir some paint and not having my old bent up coat hanger or stem paddle for the drill this became the result.
    First came the need then came the design...Attachment 3731
    Then determine the size for my needs...Attachment 3732.
    Using 1/2" baltic birch ply (for lateral strenght and closest, strongest to fit my chuck)I set the saw...Attachment 3733..
    Then ripped...Attachment 3734.
    Next was the handle...Attachment 3735. With that cut about as far as I thought necessary the determination was made to round the inside corners with a..... drill bit..Attachment 3736..
    Here you see the holes ...Attachment 3737which gives me the rounded inside corners when the bandsaw is used...Attachment 3730
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

That looks good. I wish I had done that instead of gettin my wife's mixer paddle. The paddle worked good but the price that I had to pay was very high. the next time I will look at yard sales.

Donald
    Turning makes the world go a'round

After bandsawing the holes, the height for my quart pot was determined(actually it was determined earlier as can be seen in this photo, opps)..Attachment 3738..
    The end of the handle needed to be made a wee bit more uniform and filed toward round, as close to center of the shaft without obsessing.
    Time for a little sanding, then let's dip and mix...Attachment 3740
    Works well by hand too if the bottom gunk is not to thick.
    Works for me!
    Shaz
    Last edited by Robert Schaubhut; 01-23-2007 at 03:01 AM.
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Shaz
    Here is how

Seems I got my stuff out of sequence .. But that's okay, with asharp group like this next time I will just throw out a bunch of pictures and lots of words and have you make your own thread
    Here... I left this out, go figure...add this picture where ever you want to the sequence of the above thread. I'm DOIN THE Best I CAN.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Here is how

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Wood View Post
    That looks good. I wish I had done that instead of gettin my wife's mixer paddle. The paddle worked good but the price that I had to pay was very high. the next time I will look at yard sales.

Donald
    Hey Don, You crack me up . When will we ever learn.???
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Here is how

Steve Clardy Guest
    Great idea Robert

Hey Shaz, that looks great and your illustrated instructions are easy to follow. I think that I will make one.

Have you tried using it with a drill press?
    Cheers, Frank