simple paint stirring paddle

Needing to stir some paint and not having my old bent up coat hanger or stem paddle for the drill this became the result.
First came the need then came the design...stir paddle design.jpg
Then determine the size for my needs...stir paddle size.jpg.
Using 1/2" baltic birch ply (for lateral strenght and closest, strongest to fit my chuck)I set the saw...stir paddle set saw.jpg..
Then ripped...stir paddle ripped.jpg.
Next was the handle...stir paddle handle.jpg. With that cut about as far as I thought necessary the determination was made to round the inside corners with a..... drill bit..stir paddle drill setup.jpg..
Here you see the holes ...stir paddle holes.jpgwhich gives me the rounded inside corners when the bandsaw is used...stir paddle bandsawed.jpg

That looks good. I wish I had done that instead of gettin my wife's mixer paddle. The paddle worked good but the price that I had to pay was very high.:( the next time I will look at yard sales.

Donald

After bandsawing the holes, the height for my quart pot was determined(actually it was determined earlier as can be seen in this photo, opps)..stir paddle Ht.jpg..
The end of the handle needed to be made a wee bit more uniform and filed toward round, as close to center of the shaft without obsessing.
Time for a little sanding, then let's dip and mix...stir paddle drill setup.jpg:D :D
Works well by hand too if the bottom gunk is not to thick.
Works for me!:thumb:
Shaz

Attachments

• stir paddle uniform for chuck.jpg
    stir paddle uniform for chuck.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 21
  • stir with drill or hand.jpg
    stir with drill or hand.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Seems I got my stuff out of sequence:eek: .. But that's okay, with asharp group like this next time I will just throw out a bunch of pictures and lots of words and have you make your own thread:D :rofl: :rofl:
Here... I left this out, go figure...add this picture where ever you want to the sequence of the above thread.:D :D I'm DOIN THE Best I CAN.:dunno: :rolleyes:
Shaz

Attachments

• stir paddle fits.jpg
    stir paddle fits.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 26