Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lobstrosities...

Lobstrosities...

Burrp...

First time I've ever eaten 2 1# lobsters... I'm satisfied.

The wife had one...

(LiveLob Christmas present from my BIL and Sis.... Good people they are)

Now, I need a nap...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

That sounds yummy just thinking about it. I split a 3 pounder once with a business associate on a trip once. I think that's the only time I've ever really gotten my fill eating lobster.

Do you expect the stretch marks to eventually go away?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I don't eat as much as I used to but two 1# lobsters would be just a warm up for me. There is a restaurant in Branson, MO that features an all you can eat seafood buffet. Ain't cheap but a once every few years a treat for us. It has all you can eat king crab legs and lobsters. Fortunately, the bus boys are very good at taking away the scraps. We definitely, wantonly, indulge and make pigs of ourselves.

Edit: apologies for the 'one up' post.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    Edit: apologies for the 'one up' post.
    Isn't that the whole purpose of Online Forums?

I find I like the claws much more than the the tails.... I'd love to go to an all you can eat lobster restaurant. That sounds awesome!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Awwww you guys. You are causing me to fondly remember a food orgy involving rock shrimp. I sure wish I could get them in Michigan. Those little mini-lobsters are a favorite.

Ah Brent you now mention my favorite food. I think we should ask old Chuck and Kaylea in Maine about lobster though. Larry can vouch for it first hand.

My best and first experience with the North American lobster was in Boston at this place

http://www.unionoysterhouse.com/

Its a bit of a toursit joint but that dont change the lobster only what you pay for it. I was lucky company expense account at the time paid for it. Wow we had a feast there.

My other favorite place for seafood snacks was

http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/ Not sure what it is like today since its been a while since i was there.

Those lobsters must have been a nice treat considering you in the "dessert". Guess if you had to buy em locally they would cost a pretty penny Eh!

Great gift idea. Piggie.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Downes View Post
    Awwww you guys. You are causing me to fondly remember a food orgy involving rock shrimp. I sure wish I could get them in Michigan. Those little mini-lobsters are a favorite.
    "rock shrimp"???
    Do you mean crawfish/crayfish/crawdads?????
    For a real food orgy, try just about anywhere in Louisiana.
    AFTER a big dinner, order beer and crawfish. You will get about a bushel basket sized bowl of them. I would say nothing better. But in Louisiana, especially in the south part, when it comes to food, everytime you turn around, you will find 'something better'.

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Isn't that the whole purpose of Online Forums?

I find I like the claws much more than the the tails.... I'd love to go to an all you can eat lobster restaurant. That sounds awesome!
    OK. Apology retracted.
    BTW, Branson, MO is about 1 1/2 hours from my house. And Casa Fusco is never closed.

I looooove lobster, and manage to eat it "out" somewhere about twice a year. But our local grocer has started carrying 5-6 ounce lobster tails for a VERY good price, and I've been buying them and having seafood feasts with them, shrimp, and scallops about once a month. Yummy.

Hubby loves shrimp, and in the Norfolk area is a chain of seafood buffets called "Captain George's." We went there for dinner one night, and by actual count (the uneaten tails) hubby went through 7 dozen shrimp! That was in the days when he could eat all he wanted and worked it off the next day!! Those days are long gone.
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Blue ones make me real sick, even the smallest bit. I must have some sort of allergic reaction since I ate one for the first and last time in my life. Curiosly enough I can eat shrimps,crab and other similar creatures without a problem

Red ones I don't know I don't remember eating them.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...