FREE copy of Canoecraft

Peter Lyon

I just found an extra copy of the book "Canoecraft" and would like to offer it to anyone who's interested. I would rate it in "OK" condition. First response gets it.

PS - I'm heading out of town in a few minutes 'till Monday so don't hold your breath for an immediate response. :p

If it floats and you can paddle it, I am curious and want to know more. ;)

I heard Jesse James (Motorcycle building one) telling a high school kid that showed a lot of promise and interest in metal work that he read every book he could find on metal work, especially the old ones. He said often he didn't learn anything he didn't already know, but every once in a while he would discover a little nugget of information that made him better metal workers.

I always thought that was sage advice and when it comes to technical stuff, I am like that. Love to read anything related and if I don't find much useful, I will pass it on to someone else.

But, I am working on a canoe idea right now for my personal use. A boat to float the local creeks and fish from. I have already had some interest in this. So it may develop into some plans or even completed boats down the line.

decked_canoe.png

It's Jeff's - PM me your address and I'll send the book ASAP. It is excellent. Some years ago, I purchased a set of offsets from the associated company and built a 15' micmac (?).