Interesting Crash Test

That was amazing! Think of the metal differences. No wonder we didn't wear seatbelts as kids, wouldn't have mattered. We have come a long way! Thanks for that video Vaughn, that was an eye opener.

Wow! I can't believe how much of the metal crumpled on the classic. The Malibu really shows how the crumple engineering absorbs the impact and limits the intrusion into the cabin.

Rest in peace Bel Air.

I saw that some time ago. Like others, I lamented the ruining of a classic. Oh, well.
But, what amazed me was how the '59 disintegrated. I would have thought the bigger, heavier cars would crush the new guys like a tank over a cardboard box.
I think if most of us had seen this when we were teens, we would have driven a lot differently than we did.

I saw that and wondered if that was my old car they crashed... in 1963 when I was in the navy, I made a trip home for my brother's funeral.... on the way back I got off the bus in Chandler Arizona to visit a day with my mother who had gone home after the funeral a day earlier because of her husband's job.... she was telling me about a 1959 Chevy Impala that was on a local dealer's lot that she was in love with, but they had a 1955 Chevy Bellaire and didn't need a new car... I bought the car... it was Red with White top and Trunk cover.. just like the one in the video... only mine was an Impala..