i managed to get a little woodworking in yesterday. the temps were in the mid 30's, and it was almost like spingtime. i planed down a sample board of brazilian cherry, to test a finish idea for the friend of mine's side table, and it turned out pretty good. one coat of blo to pop the grain, and 3 coats of satin finish poly. then i went on to cut the ash, hickory, and cherry boards i had picked up for candle holder blanks. i glued them up last night, and i hope to have them all cut into holders tomorrow. then i took an ugly duckling board of walnut that i had, and rendered it down into pen blanks, 63 of them (i guess i won't run out for a while). about a third of them have really wild figuring to them, and should make some nice pens.