Hitachi jointer planer F1000-A

Kenny Wright

Anyone have one of these? I just recently bought this one and it needs new blades. The problem that we are having is the cost of the blades. Other similar threads suggest that you should be able to buy blades for $20 or so, but the only ones that we found specifically for this model are $130 for the planer (12") and $160 for the jointer (6")! We have just begun searching online, and both retailers we found were within $$ of each other, and both way too high. Does anybody know if there might be another lower priced blade that is interchangeable with this model? Or have any experience taking them and having them sharpened? We have read that it should cost between $.50 and $1.00/per inch to have them sharpened, if they can be. Thanks!

Hi Kenny, I'm here in Japan, I have a similar jointer planer, a Makita, and the blades are really expensive, but that is because they are quite substantial blades that can be sharpened many times.

I did pick up a new set, old stock on auction here for cheap, and I'll look and see what I can find for you planer here, never know, might find a good set cheap.

Cheers! :wave:

PS Welcome to the Family! :)

Hey, I found a set here on auction for the jointer...........

http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t147706381

Brand new old stock, 1420 yen right now, that is about $16 for the pair, plus shipping to me from the seller and then shipping to you.

Shipping to me would be another $8 about, so you are looking at $24 to me and then just shipping to you, I don't know how much that would cost.

I'll keep looking for a set for the planer, but unless they are really trashed, just get them sharpened.

Cheers!

Thanks for the welcome and the research Stuart. We looked at alot of things on the internet about this model before we bought it,and most all of the comments were good. What we didn't look at was availability of parts and cost. DOHH:doh:!!! This is our first planer and we may have gotten a little ahead of ourselves. :D I'll pull the blades and see about having them sharpened.Thanks again sir.

Last edited:
Alright, took them out and had them sharpened. I can see how I could get the jointer blades back in right, but how in the world do I get the planer blades back in perfectly straight and true. I thought about this after I saw them apart. I asked the guy where I had them sharpened and he said that the tool should be somewhere on the planer. Some sort of magnet type deal. Yea... no such luck. Now what? :dunno:Any help for a dummy would be greatly appreciated.