One man's trash . . .

Paul Hubbman

An old Craftsman / Parks planer found its way into the back of my truck this weekend. I've been eyeing these machines for years now and was pretty excited to find one. I'm an absolute bottom feeder, so it's got to be free or really close to it to come home with me. I always assumed that, as much as these machines are sought after, i'd never be able to get one. My lucky day.

It's on a home made base, with a mobile base under it, a newish 3hp Baldor motor, twin pulleys with link belts, and no broken or missing parts (that i can tell just yet). It's waaaaaaaayyyyy out of alignment, and the blades were ground to a concave shape. It needs a tear-down and a good old fashioned de-gunking, but i'm pretty sure it'll be spitting out chips with the best of them in a week or two.

more later.
paulh

yep, i know.
issues with my digital camera. And i can't find the cable to connect the video camera to the computer.
You'll all have to wait a bit.
And what's with the general lack of faith here???
oh, and price??? $200
paulh

That sounds like a great price for that planer. :thumb: Congrats on the find.

A former co-worker had one (in pieces) that he offered to sell me, but he ended up moving out of town before we could do the deal. In hindsight, with my current space limitations and relatively low need for a planer, it's probably just as well I didn't end up getting it.