turned cross

Wasn't gonna post this as it's no big deal, but as the forum has been a little slow i said what the heck.;) It's cherry and spalted maple and made for our brick layer. I had given him a bowl a while back and he kept asking if i could make him a cross to sit on his desk. So this is what it is.:)
Steve

Attachments

• 003 [800x600].JPG
    003 [800x600].JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 002 [800x600].JPG
    002 [800x600].JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 80
Well i am glad the forum was slow cause otherwise we might never have seen it.

Nice work there Stephen. Glad you posted it. Never thought of making something like that with two intersecting round pieces. You just gave me an idea for my Jewish neigbor. Been wanting to make him a candle holder and do it in the round. :thumb::)

Very interesting treatment. I don't believe I have ever seen a turned cross before. I'm sure he will treasure.
I hadn't ether but i thought back in the day they probably didn't take the time to square up the trees when they were gonna kill some one.:dunno:
That is very nice Stephen. I like Larry's comment!!:rofl::rofl:
Seriously though, it is nice without being gaudy. Make that in miniature and sell as necklaces.
Thanks Jonathen. I have a number of necklaces that me and the wife made a number of years ago that i made crosses for. thought we would go to craft shows and sell them just other things got in the way.

Great looking cross Stephan and a nice gesture turning it for him. He will treasure it I am sure.
Thanks Bernie now i'll probably have to make more as a couple of his workers all ready said some thing about them wanting one to.

Well i am glad the forum was slow cause otherwise we might never have seen it.

Nice work there Stephen. Glad you posted it. Never thought of making something like that with two intersecting round pieces. You just gave me an idea for my Jewish neigbor. Been wanting to make him a candle holder and do it in the round. :thumb::)
Glad it got you thinking maybe your neigbor will talk to that NN and convince him to mind his own business.:thumb: