How's the weather doing Vaughn?

We're still on solid -- but wet -- ground. There have been some mudslides nearby on the edges of the fire area, and some nearby streets have been evacuated, but our street's not in any real danger, so we're at still home. Our backyard is level, but about 20 or 30 feet from the house, there's a 1:1 slope that goes down 100 feet or so. It's pretty well anchored with vegetation, so it's not causing any worries right now. The yard's still draining as it should. :thumb:

Your rain has arrived, Vaughn.

In form of snow! About a foot so far. Not going anywhere soon!

With more coming today and tomorrow. And wind!

The run-off ought to fill the pond on my back property line. Fortunately, my lot is higher than the dam.

And most of the dead beetle kill trees have already fallen or been taken down. Between showers the wind dumps the trees clean in the form of snow bombs on the roof. Drives the cat nuts! Also discourages shoveling! :rofl:

And so far, the power has gone off only twice.

I know I have shown this before. Be warned; this is a shocking picture of the horrific devastation that the latest torrential downpour has wreaked upon us poor southern Californians. Please forgive me for the trauma to your mental health when you have to see the things that can happen when Mother Nature goes wild.

Attachments

• Cali-Hurricane-small.jpg
    Cali-Hurricane-small.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 23
I know I have shown this before. Be warned; this is a shocking picture of the horrific devastation that the latest torrential downpour has wreaked upon us poor southern Californians. Please forgive me for the trauma to your mental health when you have to see the things that can happen when Mother Nature goes wild.

We measure out winds here in how many deck chairs out front get tipped over too...

Had a real interesting day a few months ago where one of them disappeared completely! Found it a few days later several hundred yards away...