Planer Stand

Rich Aldrich

This is the planer stand that I made over the Christmas holidays. I have plans if anyone is interested. They are in AutoCad, but I can save it as a PDF.

The finished height of the stand is about 33". It is very comfortable.

I still have to make drawers, but that will happen as I get time and materials. The second picture shows the plywood top that I always put inside the my cabinets to help square the cabinet and to provide a good surface to fasten the top.

Attachments

• PC260237.jpg
    PC260237.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 42
  • PC260240.jpg
    PC260240.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 42
  • PC260241.jpg
    PC260241.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 38
  • PC300251.jpg
    PC300251.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 38
  • PC300254.jpg
    PC300254.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 47
  • PC300255.jpg
    PC300255.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 51
Looks great Rich! Does the finished height include wheels. It also looks like you have a theme going on since the one for your spindle sander looks mighty similar.

The finished height should be 33 when I get wheels. I am going to try 2 casters and 2 feet.

I have my Planer mounted on 4 casters. I had it on 2 swivel casters and two stationary wheels and found it too hard to move about in my small shop. As for the two feet, you will soon decide to rid that idea. I assume it is because you fear it will roll about on its own, the weight of the machine will prevent that. The outfeed/infeed tables should be the sam e height of other work surfaces in your shop, this allows the feed of large boards to pass over or be supported by other surfaces (especially in small shops or working alone)

One other reason for 4 casters is... in a small shop, if you are processing a long board and you miss calculate the outfeed space ordirection, the planer will push itself back if the outfeed hits another object, rather than turn itself over or knock over something or cause damage, etc. DAMHIK...

When you make mine, I'll put 4 casters on it... Thanks again for the post and I wait your shipping the stand :wave: