Lumber Transport in Russia

Going out on a limb here, but I'm going to guess there was some vodka involved in deciding to load the lumber that way...

I can envision the local cop paging through the code book looking for citation to write.

Driving while doors open is one that comes to mind. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I must admit that I once transported lumber in much the same way. :eek:

It was in 1969 about 25 kilometres north-west of Kirkland Lake, Ontario. We placed about 20 up to 18 foot long rough sawn spruce 2x6s across the back seat of my friend George’s 4 door Chevy and drove that way for about 10 kilometres. I drove my VW Beatle in the middle of the road in front of George in order to warn any oncoming traffic. It was a 2 lane gravel road not much wider than the load. We only encountered two vehicles (one from in front, one from behind) and completed the journey without mishap.

I must admit that I once transported lumber in much the same way. :eek:

It was in 1969 about 25 kilometres north-west of Kirkland Lake, Ontario. We placed about 20 up to 18 foot long rough sawn spruce 2x6s across the back seat of my friend George’s 4 door Chevy and drove that way for about 10 kilometres. I drove my VW Beatle in the middle of the road in front of George in order to warn any oncoming traffic. It was a 2 lane gravel road not much wider than the load. We only encountered two vehicles (one from in front, one from behind) and completed the journey without mishap.

On a two lane road, I can see doing it. On a six lane freeway, not so much. :p