Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Save the Budweiser Clydesdales

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Save the Budweiser Clydesdales

My son just came home after taking my grandaughter to see the Budweiser Clydesdales. He was talking to the sales rep from Bud and he told my son that InBev who bought Budweiser is getting rid of the teams. He told Chris that they are down from 12 team to three and by the time this team get back to St. Luis that they will be down to two teams. That ain't right. We need to tell InBev that if they get rid of the clydesdales we'll quit using there product. That ain't right.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

well i didnt like the idea of them tauting the fact they were americas beer when they sold it to a foreighn country but now they are gettin rid of the one thing that was U.S.A and had stood for the product for many years..this world is going to the dogs i think and faster than alot of folks might realize.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Um quit............that would mean I'd have to start
    No thank you
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

I wondered how long it would actually be before this happened. Hey, they own the company, they can do away with them if they want. Hope in the bottom line, it is the final nail in their coffin. Otherwise, those horses and support teams can't be cheap.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Guess I'm going to have to change my beverage. Who is American owned still?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Reid View Post
    Guess I'm going to have to change my beverage. Who is American owned still?
    Sam Adams and about a couple of thousand microbrews?
    Dragon's Paradox - ** working on updates ** Custom and One Of A Kind Heirloom Quality Hand Crafted Jewelry & Gifts

What she said
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

Shiner, out of Texas. "Every drop of Shiner, is brewed in Shiner". Very good stuff, if you can afford it.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    But ... But ... But without the horses there'd be no reason to watch the super bowl this year..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    My son just came home after taking my grandaughter to see the Budweiser Clydesdales. He was talking to the sales rep from Bud and he told my son that InBev who bought Budweiser is getting rid of the teams. He told Chris that they are down from 12 team to three and by the time this team get back to St. Luis that they will be down to two teams. That ain't right. We need to tell InBev that if they get rid of the clydesdales we'll quit using there product. That ain't right.
    I quit using BUD years ago... never really liked the flavor... loved the horses though... my last 10 years of work, I sat at a desk faced a window with a view of the Houston Bud plant... watched the fire that almost burned it down...
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.