shop heat part 2

Carol....let's see if I understand.

You have a larger tank somewhere in your yard that is filled by a propane company that comes around with a big ole truck on some sort of schedule?

I have a similar situation in that I live in a RV full time. I have 3-100lb tanks (I think they are also called 40 gallon), the 2-smaller tanks that came on the RV, and 1 small BBQ type that I use with my Mr. Heater type for outdoor events that we do.

My propane service rents me the larger tanks for $25 a year and then comes and keeps everything full on a every 2-3 week schedule. I just make sure all the empty or low tanks are at the filling spot and he takes care of them all...even the small one, at the same price as I pay for the largest tanks.

Perhaps your propane service has a similar service and that would make the propane needed to fire up your Mr. heater the same as your house propane.

Good luck, I'm usually cold in the shop too.

Doug

Not quite, Doug. The gas company has a really BIG tank on a hill not far from my house. We get our propane like people get natural gas - via underground pipe and measured through a meter at the house like the water is.

So what I get is low pressure propane. Unless I take my 10 gallon tank into town and have it filled at twice the cost per gallon that I pay for the metered propane at home.

Monday I will have another chat with the gas man. Today and tomorrow are filled with my "day" job. ;)