Thread: General Canada new CNC site

General Canada new CNC site

Well i had to think and think about where to post this since we dont have a CNC section and its not quiet a new tool nor am i selling on their behalf so its not commercial or a classified post. (Wow what a mouth ful )

Ok for those of you interested in CNC, Genral who acquired the Gorilla CNC company has launched a new site for this range of machines.

Used to be that they initially had a joint venture arrangement on the Gorilla where they at first made the machine and the original Gorilla guys supplied the control electronics and performed the customer service and support.

Now General is doing the whole thing and its made here in Canada.

Its as usual for General a real good solid machine i have seen it in operation and had substantial chat with their marketing director.

http://www.generalcnc.ca/

Just for the record i aint got nothing to do with this company, just thought it might be of interest to some.
    cheers

I'd say it's a new tool, Rob. The new General site looks interesting, although it'd be nice if they showed prices on the new machines. (The used one is a bit out of my budget anyway, at $29,900.)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I thought so too Vaughn. These are way over the likes of Shop Bot but even they have been increasing their prices.

I actually wrote in to ask the prices of the little ones and see where they lie.

The machine is a real power house of a design as far as the mechanics and electronics are concerned. I think its one of those if in doubt build it stout type of machines but i think the result is a price thats a bit out of reach of the every man pro shop or semi pro.
    cheers

If you go to the regular site and look up their current flyer, they have the smaller ones listed on the back page with pricing. Not to bad at all.

Doug

Buy one? That takes all the fun out of building one.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault