Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OK another weekend is here so wacha got planned

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

OK another weekend is here so wacha got planned

I got all week end to be in the shop as usual.. So what have you all got going on.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

More drawers - 8 this run!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

finishing up the 9 sets of candle holders (last coats of shellac). working out the design for my nephew's coffee table, and finding out what the church people my wife volunteered me to build something for (pulpito) want exactly... lol
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Hoping to actually get some time in turning...haven't since before Christmas. The shop floor looks naked right now without any curlies all over it.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Too cold for the shop. I need about 8 hours of 60-65 degrees to get the paint finished up for the mobile base for the saw. It's killing me that I'm just sitting here waiting!!!!
    I have to work tomorrow am. LOML has been looking for a headboard for the guest bed. Has located one about 50 minutes away on CL that matches our master bedroom furniture. If the measurements look like it will fit in her minivan, we will probably take a road trip to look at, bring back if we like it. She's also looking at a computer armoire. Both of these things are cheaper than I can buy the wood to make, and if she's happy with them, then I'm happy. Other than that, it will be my job to keep the fireplace going. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Too cold for shop. Snow is coming down with an (another?) ice storm threatening. Daughter and her dogs are visiting. Just trying to kill time. Ice storm possibility is scary. Tried starting the generator yesterday. Couldn't. Battery is dead and I hurt my already damaged shoulder trying the pull start.
    Watching boring TV, spending time on 'puter. Distractions preventing writing. Promises to be a fun filled weekend. Not.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Hi, I just joined the forum a few days ago and wanted to introduce myself. I started woodworking last year because I was tired of looking for furniture and not being able to find what we needed. I've built a couple things from modified plans and a couple from pictures and my wife continues to come up with new projects for me to work on.

I've started working on a table for the kids to sit at for snacks and projects to keep the dining room table from getting covered in glue and stuff.

I've got all the pieces cut and will be assembling it this weekend using pocket screws. It will look similar to this: http://www.greatpubtables.com/pub-ta...ddlestools.cfm

I look forward to reading more on these helpful forums.

Edit:
    I'm in Minnesota and have a heated two car garage but just moved the second car into the garage so now I barely have enough space to operate my table saw and assemble my projects but it's better than having to scrape my windows every morning.
    Last edited by Dan Pierce; 01-29-2010 at 05:53 PM.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Welcome Dan to Family woodworking. Glad to have you here. When you get some time why don't you post a shop tour. We love pictures..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

My weekend begins today at 2:00 when I meet my friend at the annual Washington State "hunt, fish and kill show" (officially known as the "Sportsman Show"). I'll be looking for a new pair of gloves to wear while I steelhead fish and perhaps a new rod tube for my 8 weight. After the show, I'm taking my wife to her favorite restaurant to belatedly celebrate her birthday.

Saturday I'm going to work on a small project designed to hold my dog's food and water dishes in one place.

Sunday, who knows? If I can talk someone else into joining me, perhaps church. If not, probably just puttering around.

Wife said this morning she wants a date night tonight. Ok Friday evening planed now I will hunt tomorrow for the last deer hunting day of the season. No game on this weekend so I will start a painting on Sunday.My son said something about state meet for wrestling and I need to find out if it is this weekend.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com