Thread: Wax's for the Job ?

Outside the beltway

Wax's for the Job ?

There are many and I use them all depending on the job. Because I work with so many finishes and periods or furniture from 1700's to present.

My go to wax is Butchers Bowling Alley wax. But I use car wax {Mirror Glaze}, Bison wax, bees wax. Just about anything with silicone.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I stay clear of silicone wax. My shop is so small I don't want to chance getting it on my stationary tools and contaminating any raw wood. My expierance has shown me that it makes it hard to get a good finish when silicone gets of the bare wood.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Delton, Michigan
    i used treWax on my sleigh bed and it was a good tuff covering but you dont want to wait to long to buff it or you will be sayin wipe wipe off like in the movie
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

i use johnsons or minwax which ever is handy.......buff with a lambswool bonnet on a milwaukee low-speed buffer.
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]