new commission follow up

oy such a day! except for the 3 wavy lines to represent water (i would rather have had a nice walnut cross), i managed to get the entire structure assembled and oiled. tomorrow i am going to forest product supply to see if i can score some nice hickory or ash for the wavy lines. makes for a nice contrast. then once they are attached and oiled, then it's 3 good coats of clear shellac. after that sets up, i'll hit it with pledge to give it a bit of protection, then my wife can call the pastor, and have him come and pick it up. :D:thumb:

Attachments

• top plate attached.JPG
    top plate attached.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 29
  • oiled rear.JPG
    oiled rear.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 36
  • oiled front.JPG
    oiled front.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 39
  • reading surface attached.JPG
    reading surface attached.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 37
  • base, legs, and top plate oiled.JPG
    base, legs, and top plate oiled.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 30
  • top plate, legs, and base attached.JPG
    top plate, legs, and base attached.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 30
looking good Dan:thumb: One things for sure, there aint no competition out there for these items. They sure dont sell things like that at Walmart or Ikea. So all of this type of work needs to be custom made.

Just a thought for those wanting to target a specific market.:thumb:

looking good Dan:thumb: One things for sure, there aint no competition out there for these items. They sure dont sell things like that at Walmart or Ikea. So all of this type of work needs to be custom made.

Just a thought for those wanting to target a specific market.:thumb:
Don and I are aware of this!:D

thanks guys! i'm going to shellac the whole thing before i add the wavy water lines in front. i'm planning on using hickory or ash for them, depending on what is there. my wife is happy with it so far, and i'm happy with that.:D the reading surface is at a comfortable height.:thumb:

picked up some nice hickory for the wavy lines, and got them drawn out on it. i'm going to cut them later tonight. i did get all 3 coats of clear shellac on it today. once the wavy lines are on, i'm going to give the whole thing a good wiping down with pledge.

Attachments

• all 3 coats of shellac.JPG
    all 3 coats of shellac.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 23
yes folks! completed the pulpito today.:D:thumb: added the wavy lines, and only gave them shellac, as i wanted them to really contrast with the cherry. my wife is going to call the pastor tomorrow, as he is rather busy today.

Attachments

• wavy lines with plugs.JPG
    wavy lines with plugs.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 45
  • wavy lines plugs trimmed flush.JPG
    wavy lines plugs trimmed flush.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 41
  • finished.JPG
    finished.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 51
small side table in jatoba (that's brazilian cherry larry:rofl:) for a friend of mine. i just have to wait for my brother to get his friend's car out of pop's garage. then i have a week or two of having the whole dance floor for cutting. then on to finishing the design for my nephew's coffee table.

well, today was the day, and we went over to my dad's to pick it up. wound up going to it's first use in a service with the wife, and judging by his body language, the podium fit like a glove. it seemed that he was quite comfortable with it.