Thread: Hello! I found you!

Hello! I found you!

Hi everyone.

I just found the site by accident. (You can blame Stu Ablett)

I was wondering what Stu was up to lately as I hadn't seen anything new from the dungeon lately on SMC. I looked at his bio page and saw this address as his home page. I see he has been up to a whole lot since I last read about his adventures over there!

I took a quick look at the forums and I see many of the regulars from the other sites I visit! It will be nice to have more enjoyable reading and it is also nice to see everyone's real names!

A little bit about me:

I live in southern Wisconsin with my wife of 11 years and 5 cats. I work an 8-5 Mon-Fri job at a company that manufactures identification tags (medical bracelets, pet tags, etc.). On the off time I enjoy fishing when the weather is warm and working in the garage shop when it isn't (in Wisconsin it usually isn't nice for 7 months of the year).

I started working with wood when I was about 8 or 9 in my Dad's shop. I didn't really get too involved until I had my own garage and basement. I started with custom bass boxes for car stereos in my early 20's and, along with that, my first table saw purchase started filling the shop with tools!

I purchased a lathe in early 2006 and have fallen into turning quickly over the last several months. I know the vortex is strong, and I was warned. It is a very addictive hobby. Turning has kept me in the shop much more often than I ever used to be. I mostly turn bowls and bottle stoppers, but I did my first hollow form a couple weeks ago and I know I will be doing many more in the future.

I look forward to sharing when I can, and reading everything I see. Thanks Stu for sending me this way!!

-Marc

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Welcome Marc, pull up a stump and enjoy.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Welcome Marc!
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

5 cats! I guess I can't say much. We have 3 cats and 3 dogs, although one of the dogs is a foster. Good thing so many of love our pets! welcome to the site there are a lot of good people here that are willing to field any questions. Just make sure to post the obligatory pics

Welcome Marc!

Jay

Glad to see you've joined the Family! Good to have you here. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Welcome Marc, and we promise to not hold your acquaintence with Stu against you. Glad to see you found us.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Welcome Mark. How about a shop tour??
    Jim

hi marc!
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Welcome Marc, glad you found us.