Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Tiny Shop

My Tiny Shop

Hello! Welcome to my tiny shop. I had more space until I had to pull the second car in the garage for the winter. My "workbench" is our old dining room table and I was in the middle of drilling pocket screw holes into the aprons of the high top table I'm working on. My table saw is on the left, band saw mounted to a board for mobility and router table is off to the right (not in the picture) but can also be secured to the table when I need it. I just finished a simple router storage shelf and that is on the left side of the table. For those looking closely at the picture, that is black spray paint on the outlet, not a burn mark. It was like that when we moved in.

I made a small table in shop class in high school (still have it) and last year decided to start making furniture for around the house. So far, I've made a bookcase, headboard, bench, end table, hall table and planter. Thanks for checking out my shop!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pictures 002.jpg  

Very cool Dan. Nice use of a small space. Thanks for showing us. I was looking at your site. Love the cedar planter.
    Be excellent to each other. - Rufus

Endevour to persevere.
    -Lone Watie, quoting the Secretary of the Interior

Yeah, the planter was a lot of fun to make. Probably the most intricate project I've done. I cut all the pieces with my table saw but used the router to cut all the rails and tongues to hold the slats together. The plan is on plansnow.com but I downloaded it for free somewhere.

welcome dan and that little hall table, fits in the space well the applied carving was nice touch
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

The hall table was custom made to fit right by my in-laws front door so everyone would see it when they come in. The plan included drawers but I'm not ready to tackle that yet and I never would have finished it by Christmas anyway.

Dan, Nice start on the shop and great looking projects. I think my wife would like the hat and mitten storage for our family room. I'll have to give it a try.
    Question for you..I noticed the Rockler logos on your site. Do they pay you to put it there?
    So Mote It Be

Very nice work Dan!

Small spaces, yeah, I know all about that
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Looks like table has a lot of space for projects, good choice for a workbench. I also like the shelf for the mittens and such...unforunately...so did my wife.
    Darren

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. Robert Hughes (1938-2012), Australian art critic

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    Dan, Nice start on the shop and great looking projects. I think my wife would like the hat and mitten storage for our family room. I'll have to give it a try.
    Question for you..I noticed the Rockler logos on your site. Do they pay you to put it there?
    I signed up to be an affiliate for Rockler so if someone clicks on the link and buys something, I get a small percentage but I don't remember what it is. Same for the Amazon link.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Looks like table has a lot of space for projects, good choice for a workbench. I also like the shelf for the mittens and such...unforunately...so did my wife.
    Glad you like the shelf, it's been repurposed as a magazine rack since we moved and there's no where to mount it on the wall now.