My Tiny Shop

Dan Pierce

Hello! Welcome to my tiny shop. I had more space until I had to pull the second car in the garage for the winter. My "workbench" is our old dining room table and I was in the middle of drilling pocket screw holes into the aprons of the high top table I'm working on. My table saw is on the left, band saw mounted to a board for mobility and router table is off to the right (not in the picture) but can also be secured to the table when I need it. I just finished a simple router storage shelf and that is on the left side of the table. For those looking closely at the picture, that is black spray paint on the outlet, not a burn mark. It was like that when we moved in. :)

I made a small table in shop class in high school (still have it) and last year decided to start making furniture for around the house. So far, I've made a bookcase, headboard, bench, end table, hall table and planter. Thanks for checking out my shop!

Attachments

• pictures 002.jpg
    pictures 002.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 516
Yeah, the planter was a lot of fun to make. Probably the most intricate project I've done. I cut all the pieces with my table saw but used the router to cut all the rails and tongues to hold the slats together. The plan is on plansnow.com but I downloaded it for free somewhere.

The hall table was custom made to fit right by my in-laws front door so everyone would see it when they come in. :) The plan included drawers but I'm not ready to tackle that yet and I never would have finished it by Christmas anyway. :thumb:

Dan, Nice start on the shop and great looking projects. I think my wife would like the hat and mitten storage for our family room. I'll have to give it a try.
Question for you..I noticed the Rockler logos on your site. Do they pay you to put it there?

Dan, Nice start on the shop and great looking projects. I think my wife would like the hat and mitten storage for our family room. I'll have to give it a try.
Question for you..I noticed the Rockler logos on your site. Do they pay you to put it there?

I signed up to be an affiliate for Rockler so if someone clicks on the link and buys something, I get a small percentage but I don't remember what it is. Same for the Amazon link.

Nice work Dan, especially with limited space and tools. :thumb:

The first shop of my own was the storage closet in back of one of the first apartments I lived in. The built-in bench took about half the space. I did a bit of limited woodworking there, mostly building cases and rack cabinets for guitar gear.