Ozark SNOW

Paul Gallian

In Memoriam
We also were (see Frank in Ark.) gifted --about 12 inches of the white stuff -- not real common in S.W. Missouri -- these are photos of my yard/car/barn/owl

Last edited:
Probably a hassle, but the snow sure looks nice. :thumb:

I'm not an expert in veterinary science, but I think your owl might be frozen to death. :rofl:

I can confirm...the Missouri snow looks just like Idaho snow!

We are actually pretty lucky. We live at the bottom of the Snake River Canyon and the elevation on Main Street is around 700' above sea level. We really don't get much snow here. However, when you climb up out of the valley....that's a different story.3,000 ' of elevation makes a big difference.

Jay,

You, Frank and anyone else would be most welcome..

Leaving Monday for Port Arthur Tx -- we will be gone for a couple of weeks.

Pulling our travel trailer and looking for warmer weather.
Obligations at Christ Church (Springfield) Sunday.

Thanks Paul

So Frank there we go now were gona have ta plan a Family visit on your next trip this way and when Paul get back. What ya think
Jay

Come greenup, fer certain. We hafta plan ahead, seems we always have a lot of activities and family obligations. Now, with our daughter back in Arkansas we'll be doing more things away from our own home.

BTW, I don't like living in Minnesota. Only 10 degrees and a foot of snow on the ground this a.m. Not what I signed on for when we moved to Arkansas almost 35 years ago. Can remember only three winters this nasy in that time.

Last edited:
Paul,Frank at least ya only got snow.I'm sitting here in a motel as i haven't had any power in 2 days.We had a ice storm here.:eek::( Sent the wife off to her mothers the first two nights,and i stayed in the house with out any heat or water,with the temps getting down in the teens.Coun't take it tonight so finilly got the truck thawed out and made it to a motel.Not expecting power till tomorrow or the day after.

Paul,Frank at least ya only got snow.I'm sitting here in a motel as i haven't had any power in 2 days.We had a ice storm here.:eek::( Sent the wife off to her mothers the first two nights,and i stayed in the house with out any heat or water,with the temps getting down in the teens.Coun't take it tonight so finilly got the truck thawed out and made it to a motel.Not expecting power till tomorrow or the day after.

That's tough. Hope you get power back soon. Put a generator into your budget.

Dang Steve, that sounds like no fun at all. Be safe and stay warm.
Wasn't much fun, but got power now,:clap:
Only took them 60 hrs.:rolleyes:
Frank, that pic looks like the month of December here in IA...

Stephen, hope the power is back soon!
thanks it is yea!:wave:

That's tough. Hope you get power back soon. Put a generator into your budget.
Left the motel at 10 this am to go get my brothers generator. By the time i talked to him then got home it had just come back on line. Figures don't it ? Don't no why i didn't think about him earler as he had power.:dunno:
Going to talk my father in law into selling one of his if he'll do it.Would of barrowed one from him, but he had a heart attack the night of the storm, and has been in the hospital. Didn't think it was right to bother him with something like a generator after what had happened.