Monster Hollowing laser question

Dan Mosley

I have been using the Monster hollowing rig with a goose neck and doing well with it. I noticed at times the laser light stops working but with a tap on the black box housing it comes back on. I know Randy put a section of a buss card under it in the housing but it will still shut off at times and was wondering if anybody has run into this and what you have done about it ??
Its a minor issue really but I thought someone else may have run into a way to fix it......................thanks Dan

I've had similar trouble with the switch on mine in the past and Randy sent me a new battery box (which has the switch in it). The replacement has worked pretty well, although the latch broke a while back so I've been using a rubber band to keep it closed. I think I'm going to try to make my own over-engineered replacement...something with a more rugged switch.

Also, sometimes the battery contacts lose some of their 'spring', so they don't make good continuous contact. You can try carefully bending the contacts out a bit to cause them to hold the battery tighter.

I use a piece of paper folded up so that it applies a little pressure to the batteries without preventing the battery box from sliding closed. Seems like over time the paper compresses to a point it no longer works and has to be replaced.

Dan,

Try to blowout the box with some air if you can, there might be some dust in the switch, if it still does it, put a stronger piece of cardboard in the bottom of the battery box. This should keep the batteries in place. The problem is the batteries are in the top of the battery box, with the advent of gravity, :D sometimes they work their way down a little and lose contact.

Randy - yep im going to add another buss card pc to it on my day off and give it a try.........I do clean it out regularly with air - I think with the bouncing it just moves and by pressing it up some that should do it.....Ill let you know and thanks ............Dan