Thread: meeting another family member

meeting another family member

Hey, I met Jim today. Nice guy, we yapped about woodworking for 2 hours, and he saw my very congested work area, and I even showed him some of the stuff I built.
    Im the older guy with more meat on my bones.

It was a pleasure meeting someone from the tristate area. another woodworker
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wood stuff 1658 (Medium).jpg  

Good for you both, I can tell by the sawdust on your clothes that you did something else than woodtalking.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

yeah, well,jim has enough common hardwoods (oak, maple, ipe, mahogany, sapele, birch?, spanish cedar, walnut)to make a hundred or so pens and he has no excuse to not get started on some flatwork, no excuse except lack of time. I hooked him up with some white oak and ash to keep him busy. Its a family tradition, I wanted to keep it going.
    Im gonna get him to meet my wood guy one day.
    Last edited by allen levine; 01-31-2010 at 10:08 PM.

well allen your turning into a spiffy celbrety,, but jim WHO???? dont recognize him from the pic maybe we should have warned him about you first
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

It was a very nice visit. He's a really good guy and loves to share woodworking knowledge. I got the tour of his shop and saw some of his pieces in place. I just need to channel some of his WW mojo . . .

I've got enough wood for several pending projects and a received a "nudge" to get another project off the back burner. More on that later . . . I think there is a thread here somewhere I'll have to resurrect when the time comes.

Cheers

Jim

ok now we know what ejore really looks like wish i had been with yu i want to meet the super long island guy myself one day
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

it would be nice to get a bunch of the ny'ers, new jersey, maybe conn guys all together for a meet eventually halfway between all of us.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Personaly, If I were in the area, I'd set up a meet a Mistic Sea Port in Mistic, Conn.. One of my favorite places on the east coast.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward