New sander

Don Baer

Staff member
LOML decided that I needed some help in the shop due to the backlog that had accumulated so when she came home from the gym yesterday she said that she was going to help me in the shop...:eek: She went in the house and came back out and said "so what can I do." I thought for a second and said fine these pieces need to be sanded. I pointed her to some pieces for the commision and showed her how to put the disks on the ROS. she spent the rest of the day sanding down the pieces I gave her. During the day there were pieces that she couldn't reach with the ROS and asked me how to do those. I gave her a sanding block and told her that was the best way. After a while she said don't you have one of those triangular shaped sander ? I said no and she said well tomorow after church we will just have to pick one up. Well here it is. Sander.jpg I have only unpacked it. I'll report back to you how it works if I can get her to let me know how it works.

Last edited:
Stu,
Whats realy funny is while she was sanding she mentioned that she realy needed an apron. I offered her mine (which I was wearing at the time) and she said no thats OK I already have saw dust on me. Today while at the borg she kept looking for one. After asking 3 clerks with no success she asked me where I got mine. I told her woodcraft. All she said was Oh. I guess I'd better swing by and get her one this week..:D:rofl:

Last edited:
Well Don it seems that she is going to be around in your shop for a while, :D so enjoy it, and take advantage of that to buy those tools that you need, you see you put her to sand and she got you a sander, so think about what tool you need and make her to do the job, and you'll get the tool in a couple of days;);)

(I hope she's not looking over your shoulder when you read this:rofl:)

Jokes apart one could say here that family that woodworks together stay together:thumb:

don sounds like she wants to be part of THE business and is willing to work as well. if you have gotten along with her this long working together on a project could be fun again.:D:thumb::thumb:

Well Don it seems that she is going to be around in your shop for a while, :D so enjoy it, and take advantage of that to buy those tools that you need, you see you put her to sand and she got you a sander, so think about what tool you need and make her to do the job, and you'll get the tool in a couple of days;);)

(I hope she's not looking over your shoulder when you read this:rofl:)

Jokes apart one could say here that family that woodworks together stay together:thumb:
hmmm she has expresed an interest in turning..maybe aa touch of mustard or mayo..:D