linen cabinet

My Aunt asked me if I would build her a linen cabinet to put in her sons bathroom. All she gave me was the dimensions she needed and she wanted oak. It'll have 5 shelves and space for a hamper on one side.

These shots are with one coat of satin poly on. It's oak ply I got from an actual supplier not one of the borgs. It cost a little more but the quality was way better and it was made in the US. I'll not get ply from the borg again!

I edged the inside edge of both doors with purple heart to give it a little flash.:D I think it breaks up the monotony of the oak. I put a purple heart band on the shelves also. He's in a wheel chair so I put 170 degree hinges on so he will have better access.

Attachments

• linen closet 001 (Medium).jpg
    linen closet 001 (Medium).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 68
  • linen closet 002 (Medium).jpg
    linen closet 002 (Medium).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 62
  • linen closet 003 (Medium).jpg
    linen closet 003 (Medium).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 68
It is an experience to use quality plywood after using BORG stuff for awhile isn't it. That piece came out really nicely and the trim is a great addition. I don't use much in the way of sheet goods but have a hallway linen cupboard rebuild on the to-do list and your pics are sure timely for me.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have finished this one up and will deliver it on Sunday. I'm just waiting for the finish to get good and dry. I'm going to try and finish up a jewelry chest/box I've been working on for my daughter. It's been slow going on that one trying to decide how I want to do the doors and drawer fronts.