A Very Special Sunday

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
This past Sunday the little congregation I have been tending to on a Sunday to Sunday basis, unanimously voted to "call" me. In my church language that means make it a permanent relationship, with salary, benefits and such, however, the commitment we will make to each other is far more important to me.

There is a celebratory and affirmation service called Ordination scheduled for April 17. It caps off my long seminary education and I will have fully 'arrived' as a minister.

The bonus is that it is a part time position, leaving me with plenty of time to make sawdust, flat stuff or spinny curls.

I am stoked. You all are my family. Please rejoice with me, for I believe that God is faithful and good.

Blessings and Best Wishes, Carol.

I've been on church council when calling a pastor, and it is a challenging time, and quite joyful to get it accomplished!

...art

Carol, excuse me, is it Pastor Carol?
:congrats::congrats: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:clap::clap:
I cannot imagine how excited, elated (and any other positive adjective you could come up with) you are!! This is not the end of the journey, only the end being the student, now the journey of being the spiritual leader begins. I got confidence in ya girl!!!!! A small country church sounds so romantic, but honestly, you get to know your congregation so intimately, burials would be impossible for me to do as a professional. I pray you are strong when needed which will be always. Congratulations again Carol!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Absolute congratulations on your church calling you in:thumb::thumb::thumb: Awesome privilege for you for them to care for you to ask you to be their permanent Pastor:D:thumb::thumb::thumb: