Hollowing systems

Dennis Kranz

Which do you prefer Articulated or captured arm hollowing system? And lets go for broke which system do you prefer. I know some of you have made your own but I do not have the expertise to do so.

Dennis

I like the articulating arm unit. Then I decided to get the captured rig also. Both have their places but if I could have just one it would be the articulating unit. Both are the monster units from Monster Tools. Just a happy camper.

I bought the Monster Captive system first, then later bought the Monster Articulated Arm system. Like Bernie, if I had to choose one, it'd be the Articulated Arm.

My recommendation would be either of the systems Monster sells, with the disclaimer that I'm a friend of Randy Privett (the Monster maker) and I helped build his website. Regardless of my connection to the company, I think the Monster tools are the best value in the hollowing tool market.

Monster Articulated Arm system - Nothing to compare it to other than i took a class that had the Derry system which worked well. I bought the articulated and it comes with extensions, tips etc and the support has been great. I have no regrets.........Dan

I have an articulated system - the Kobra.

Seems like friends have an influence here. ;) I am friends with the guys that developed the Kobra.

I have an articulated system - the Kobra.

Seems like friends have an influence here. ;) I am friends with the guys that developed the Kobra.

Except in Vaughn's case I hear his friend discount from Randy, is that Vaughn has to pay twice the going rate.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have looked all over looking for a video of the MONSTER arm in use but can't seem to find any. I did find a video of the KOBRA arm. At least now I have a better understanding on how these things work. I would really like to see the MONSTER in action so if anyone know of a video of it please let me know.

Tom

I have looked all over looking for a video of the MONSTER arm in use but can't seem to find any. I did find a video of the KOBRA arm. At least now I have a better understanding on how these things work. I would really like to see the MONSTER in action so if anyone know of a video of it please let me know.

Tom

Do you have a link to a video of the Kobra you could post?

I had bad luck with Randy's system I would look elseware. I won't get into details, just do your research.

Well, from my research, it seems you're the only person on the Internet complaining about the system. It leads me to the conclusion that the problem isn't with the system at all. :rolleyes:

Not the only one, just one that got screwed, I know more people, I am just the most vocal. Most other threads get deleted, especally on other boards, or people just don't bother posting that is why I said I am not going in to detail. Only a frendly warning. Many people I know have had good luck with the system and it is a great idea.

In reflecting on my previous post, I need to make a couple of things clear--I should have done this on that post. I did indeed have a problem with my Monster tool and communicated the problem to Randy. He had me send it back, found the problem, fixed it, and returned it (as I recall, he included another cutter for my trouble). I now consider myself a satisfied customer.

I guess what I was trying to do was respond to Mr. Lambert who suggested there was only one case of a problem with the Monster tool--I don't know of ANY tool which had only one problem which needed to be fixed. I regret it if I left the impression that I was not a satisfied customer! The true test of any tool manufacturer (or any item for that matter) is whether they stand behind their product(s). It's easy to sell things-it's not always easy to stand behind it when problems occur. I regret it if my post left the impression that I was not satisfied with my Monster (after it was fixed). I hope this clears things up. GO BUY A MONSTER!