Wood needed

Chuck Thoits

Who's got a hazelnut tree in there back yard that needs to be cut down?
I am in need of some of it when you do.:thumb:
Also on the needed list is hawthorn, rowan aka mouton ash, alder, cedar, elem, hickory, and black walnut.
Looking for stuff around 6' 6" long and 2" thick on the fat end.

Who's got a hazelnut tree in there back yard that needs to be cut down?
I am in need of some of it when you do.:thumb:
Also on the needed list is hawthorn, rowan aka mouton ash, alder, cedar, elem, hickory, and black walnut.
Looking for stuff around 6' 6" long and 2" thick on the fat end.

Chuck i could probbly help ya out with the hickory and maybe the cedar. Also have gum some holly and lots of white and red oak. If ya want let me no and i'll go down back and see what i can cut down.

I have a shag bark hickory that was cut down last spring just lying in the woods not sure how big the pieces are or in what condition they are in. I have a shag bark hickory along my driveway that could be cut down. probably about 14" in dia.
I have 2 or 3 pine that I need cut down that are 3 feet in dia or bigger and 60 + feet tall if you know anyone who would like them.

I got a box in the mail:thumb:
Thanks Stephen

Can anyone ID the 3 in the second pic?

Attachments

• tn_bending 011.JPG
    tn_bending 011.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 44
  • tn_bending 012.JPG
    tn_bending 012.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 46
Chuck, If you are looking for walking stick wood there are lots of "off brand" woods that I have used for this. Blue beech is real hard and has a 'muscled' appearance in the round. I also cut out ironwood (hop hornbeam) to remove it from the forest. Osage orange, locust, hackberry, and mulberry, also come to mind. Of course I have the usual walnut, cherry, maple, and elm, white ash, etc. Just where are these needing to be shipped?

As far as the second picture, the bark is somewhat non-descript. What does the end grain look like. Better yet, slice off some bark and get into the wood for a picture.

Last edited:
Difficult to say by just looking at the bark, but I could give a guess on the 3rd on the right being either Catalpa or Ailander. Most problably my guess is wrong.:(:(

Here they are stripped.
The one on the right I am pretty sure is Hickory the other 2:dunno:
They are standing in the same order as the pic with thete bark on.
Second pic is a close up of the one on the right,
Third pic is the middle one.
Fourth pic is the one on the left.

Attachments

• tn_sticks1 001.JPG
    tn_sticks1 001.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 18
  • tn_sticks1 002.JPG
    tn_sticks1 002.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 17
  • tn_sticks1 003.JPG
    tn_sticks1 003.JPG