Bridgewood Band Saw PBS 500 - anyone know it?

Jim Mattheiss

Help :type:

There is a Bridgewood Model PBS500 Bandsaw listed on CL locally.

I can't find anything on that model. I've found some glowing reviews on Bridgewood band saws (and tools) in general.

It's 110/220 and cheaper than a new G0555.

I've got a call in for some particulars but looking for any other input.

Cheers

Jim

Bridgewood was the house brand of Wilke Machinery, before they went out of business several years ago. Wilke was an excellent vendor, and had great customer service. I hated to see them close up shop.

Theit Bridgewood tools were generally a 'cut above' (pun intended) the usual TaiChi stuff because their quality control was generally better. Also, as I recall, Wilke put American Baldor motors on all their stuff, regardless of origin.

If the price is decent on that saw, I'd go for it.

I called the guy at 6PM last night and left a message.
I didn't hear from him.
I called at noon today and it had just been sold.

I would have called again first thing this AM but had no way to get there any time before Sunday to even look at it. My loss.

Thanks for the info

PS - SMC appeared to be having issues last night around the time Larry posted that link. Bad Larry! :dunno:

Cheers

Jim

That saw was made by ACM, Italian company. Same company that several other US merchants import from (Tannewitz, Felder, Iguana) The PBS is the pro frame, heavier duty of the two frames they make. Good saw. I think the only caveat is, and I only know this from hearsay, is that the table only tilts to about 42 degrees.