Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar the movie

Whats your take on the movie Avatar for those of you that have seen it.

I saw it in 3D and IMAX what an experience.

Just hope if we ever do find others in this universe that we dont treat them like that. But history tells me we likely will do it just the same.

By the way did ya all know IMAX is a Canadian invention.
    cheers

I really liked the fantasy graphics and so forth.........but I hated the portrayal of humans and the environmentalism. I suppose you have to have a story but some of the philosophy struck me as a blatant attempt at brainwashing.

Seen it in 2D, liked it a lot, not the script but the development of the film from all aspects. The imagination put on so many details of Pandora is awesome. All the imagination devoted to the design of the whole thing is subdued by the poor story.

There are many ideas taken from other books or movies. i.e. The impregnation of the birds or Toruk Malo is taken from a Dragon's novel where the initiation and impregnation ritual is almost the same. I can see a lot of similarities with " A man called horse" as well.

IMHO it is a good film to see for leisure, I mean it is like reading a comic or a novel, but for the amount of money it costed I would have liked to find a more elaborated script.

As per the message behind, well... to such kind we belong and unfortunately there are many examples of the same behaviour in mankind history.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

My friend the movie reviewer calls it a "beauty queen": Pretty, but not something lasting. Or also "Dances with Wolves" meets "Terminator".

And I assume you've seen the joke scripts on the internet that liken it to Pocahontas?

I thought the graphics were stunning, and there was sure lots of imagination in how they built the "world" of the movie. But the plot was kind of basic.
    (the whole Military guy reporting to a Corporate flack seemed rather farfetched. Really, who was in charge there?)

But on the other hand, what a crazy rollercoaster ride! We sure didn't notice the 3hr length!
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    And Now..... Avatar the Avatar
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I've shared the general consensus that the storyline was a bit amiss. Did a little searching and found out that the original name for the story line was Project 880. Here's a site that goes over many of the differences between the original scripment and the movie. http://www.chud.com/articles/article...WAS/Page1.html

It's really too bad they couldn't have stuck with the original story line as it had some originality to it. The graphical achievement certainly made it a worthwhile viewing though. Sort of jealous of the IMAX viewing though.

I saw it in 3D... it was an awesome move with a great story line... I didn't read anything into the story other than the story.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

I also saw it in 3D... I agree it was an awesome movie with a great story line... during the movie I didn't read anything into the story other than the story. Very much like Chuck!

After the movie I did think about what some of our ancestors did to the indigenous people here in the Americas.
    Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it
    still sings!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Whats your take on the movie Avatar for those of you that have seen it.

I saw it in 3D and IMAX what an experience.

Just hope if we ever do find others in this universe that we dont treat them like that. But history tells me we likely will do it just the same.

By the way did ya all know IMAX is a Canadian invention.

As long as they don't find us and do it to us first

Haven't seen it yet but looking forward to it.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

You make a good point Bob. Sometimes i wonder what the sci fi and alien movies are preparing us for.
    cheers